Firstly, thank you so much for visiting my The Income Highway. Everything I put into this site is a combination of things I’ve learned over the last 10+ years dealing with online business. I created The Income Highway for multiple different reasons
- – I was SICK of all the ‘Get Rich Quick’ Bu!!$h!t that was in circulation on the internet
- – The normal every day person looking to create a geniune extra income stream
- – Business owners who are struggling to get online after being brick-and-mortar for years
- – Business owners who are already online but what they are doing just ins’t bringing in sales
- – Anybody who has an interest in the world of online business and wants to learn more
Just like you, I am human, meaning that over the last decade I’ve inevitably made some mistakes and bad choices in the past regarding building an online income but to be completely honest, I see that as a good thing. Because of this I can now let you know about them so that you can avoid these also. Actually, come to think of it, I did a particular podcast episode about that topic which became one of my most listened to podcasts I’ve released. There have been several challenging road blocks along the way too and I don’t say all of this to scare you off, I just don’t want to be a typical online ‘guru’ who promises it will be easy, it’s not, it takes hard work but it’s incredibly rewarding and worth it.
Where did I come up with the name for The Income Highway? Well that’s exactly what I was on, I was on this highway that when I took an exit and tried something that didn’t work, I got straight back on the highway and went to the next exit, where something did work. For some people the first exit can work instantly, for others, they need to visit multiple exits to explore their options. When you find something that works, you can either repeat the process multiple times or set it to autopilot as much as possible while you begin a separate journey down the next highway exit.
Here is just a snippet of things I’ve done either in my own online adventures or that I’ve done for companies I’ve worked for in the past where I was able to offer my skills and knowledge of online business;
- – Setting up websites from scratch (this is actually stupidly easy these days with the technology that is out there)
- – Getting physical products listed on 3rd party websites (such as Amazon) and using the correct copy (wording) to make sure it sells! (this is also very easy to do)
- – Creating e-mail marketing campaigns to make sure that previous customers know about new products or upcoming sales (this can even be done for free, yes free!)
- – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) to make sure that a website is found quickly in Google search results to bring in new customers
- – Advertising to the exact audience that a product/service is aimed at so that you’re only dealing with people who actually want/need your product/service
I’ve always found this stuff incredibly interesting, how you can be selling an item to a customer on the other side of the world while they browse your website and you are out to dinner, going about your day or even asleep. I’m also certified by Google and the Interactive Advertising Bureau of Europe along with having a Diploma in Online Marketing but all those qualifications came AFTER I had been through it all. I’ll let you in on a little secret, for my Diploma in Digital Marketing I didn’t go to one single class, all I did was sit the exam at the end and got the highest grade possible. Why you may ask? I don’t believe in qualifications, I honestly believe people who go out and actually DO something and make things happen are realistically qualified for the job, yet society wants to see that silly piece of paper, so in order for new clients to take me more seriously, I obtained that paper.
I’m a people pleaser, I love to help other’s in the creation or growth of their online business and see their reaction when their first sale comes in as you can see the gears start to move in their head as they realize “Oh wow, this actually works!”. Back in 2011 when I helped a company grow their online sales over 900% (yes, nine hundred) I was told by the company director what a “buzz” it was to see sales come in over the internet, and I agree with them, it’s still magic to me how the internet has opened up an incredibly massive amount of possibilities to either build or grow a business.
I create free podcasts and videos to let others in on tips and tricks I have learned, strategies they can use, absolute beginner checklists, changes in the online business world and literally everything else that goes with it. I’m looking forward to having you join me on either a podcast or video and if you ever want any help, send me a personal email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voicemail (on the right of this page).
Have an awesome day!